MindsetHave fun! You’re going to have a great time, and we’re going to make you look fabulous.
RelaxWe’re easy to get along with, and truly love what we do. We’ll help you with posing so you look natural and “unposed”…there’s no pressure on you, we’ll walk you through the whole experience.
ArrivalArrive 15-20 minutes early to your appointment. If you’re coming from out of town, give yourself plenty of time to find your way. Showing up late means you lose camera time, and we don’t want that.
ClothingBe Outfit-Savvy – This may seem like a simple task...and it is!
1. Group your outfits together on hangers. Make sure items are ironed and ready to go. Trust us, wrinkles aren’t cool!
2. Plan on changing quickly. The faster you change, the more time you have in front of the camera.
3. Make sure you’re comfortable in your clothing and that it flatters you. Try all your outfits on ahead of time. Invite a friend over to help you choose.
4. Bring a variety of colors and mix the level of styles…dressy, dressy-casual and casual. Jeans, shorts, dresses and skirts. Tops with long sleeves and short sleeves. If you’re self-conscious about your arms, avoid sleeveless or cap-sleeve shirts and tank tops, as they tend to make arms look fuller. Same goes for your legs...stay away from shorts or short skirts/dresses.
5. Play with possible accessories to add variety to an outfit such as layering with jackets or coats, adding a scarf, hat or jewelry. This gives us options to change things up and gives you many different looks.
6. Don’t be tempted to shop for new outfits that you won’t have a chance to wear before your session. Why? You may decide later that it isn’t the right look for you and regret having pictures taken in it. Bring outfits that reflect your personality and interests, your hobbies, your style.
7. Wear colors that you feel good in, but make sure you bring a variety of colors. Four tops in blue even though they aredifferent styles will start to look the same in a single session.
8. Bring extras! We will help you decide and guide you into what will photograph best, be most flattering on you and give you the most variety. Choices are good!
ShoesCannot say it enough...wear heels! Whether pumps or boots, dressy or casual, plain or sassy, heels really make you stand out and look glamorous. Flats can also work well if you mix them with the right outfit. Bring a pair of flips…not to wear with an outfit, but to get around in and easily kick off for that awesome barefoot look...we LOVE barefoot!
Okay, we have many more tips, but that's enough to get you a good start on your planning. We'll be adding more in our next post.